Updates to Cutlet

By | January 11, 2022

There’s been a number of new commits that have been pushed on the development branch. It has been some time since I’ve worked on this project so it’s most definitely time to get back onto it. One area that is seriously lacking is documentation but getting this up to date opened an unexpected can of worms…

As I started documenting all the APIs and libraries, finalizing what they are to become, I also started updating the test suites to make sure everything worked as advertised. I expected to find a few bugs here and there but got way more than I expected. Even the test framework was broken. So two major parts had to get reworked.

First and the most extensive, was the stack frames. These were initially developed in an adhoc way, especially the block frame. Things were quite messy. All the classes got cleaned up, simplified and now seem to be quite solid.

Secondly the memory management was made thread safe. This has taken a couple of tries and is now passing all the existing tests.

There’s still a lot of work to do. The core should be solid enough now to get it documented and finalize the API.